Saturday, July 17, 2010

Days 8 & 9, Campbell River, Vancouver Island, 7/23 - 7/24

Leaving the motel in Nanaimo this morning, the 17 year old motel cat wanted to go with me.



A stretch of beach just south of Campbell River.



Oysters, anybody?


My hotel was definitely not a dump.  My room is right next to the Campbell River.  I can look out the window and see a half dozen salmon jumping.



I asked around for where the best seafood was and was told "Patti Finn's Seafood down at the dock".  I had to ask for directions three times, but found it, a little place floating on the marina.

Platter with candied salmon, smoked tuna, oysters, and mango prawn salsa.


Itinerants camped out behind Patti Finn's.

Stealth dog, lurking in a marshy island on the Campbell River just across from the hotel, waiting for someone to invite him over for a snack.  Or some nice juicy pink salmon fish guts.




No comments:

Post a Comment